Singing with the Symphony
The Vermont Symphony Orchestra is also home to a 100-member chorus, which was founded in 1993 by our Conductor Emeritus, Robert De Cormier. The first performance, of Leonard Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms took place in May 1994. Since then, the chorus has performed works from the classical, popular, folk, and contemporary repertoires in venues around the state. Our choral musicians, like those in the orchestra, travel from far and wide to be a part of this great organization. They are motivated by their love of choral music, the camaraderie of singing together, and ultimately, by the thrill of performing onstage with the orchestra.
The Vermont Symphony Orchestra Chorus, under the direction of José Daniel Flores-Caraballo, always welcomes new members in all voice ranges. Those interested in auditioning for the chorus, or needing more information, should be in touch with Chorus Coordinator Wendy Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise specified, all rehearsals are on Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00pm
- October 21, 2017 – Elley Long Music Center, Colchester
- Open House Rehearsal: Open to VSOC members and non-members alike. Singers interested in auditioning for the VSO Chorus are encouraged to attend this rehearsal and schedule an audition immediately following.
- October 28, 2017 – CVUUS Church, Middlebury (Jeff Rehbach, guest conductor)
- November 4, 2017 – Christ Church, Montpelier*
- November 11, 2017 – Trinity Episcopal Church, Rutland
- November 18, 2017 – Elley Long Music Center, Colchester
- January 6, 2018 –CVUUS Church, Middlebury
- January 13, 2018 – Christ Church, Montpelier*
- January 20, 2018 – Trinity Episcopal Church, Rutland
- Friday, January 26, 2018— Elley Long Music Center, Colchester
- Orchestra and Chorus rehearsal; the Chorus will rehearse from 7:00pm to 9:30pm
*The Montpelier venue does not have handicap accessibility. If this is an issue for you, please let the Chorus Coordinator know as soon as possible. (Wendy Grace, 802-345-7455 or email@example.com)
- Saturday, January 27—Flynn Theater, Burlington; dress rehearsal call time is 3:00pm; concert is 7:30pm
- Sunday, January 28—Paramount Theatre, Rutland; concert call time is 2:00pm; concert is 3:00pm